This is a twin size bed
based on the Nissan Hardbody. I built this in a month as a
surprise for My Sons 4th birthday in 2004.
twin size bed
After 11 years my Son outgrew the bed and we are
making him a new Truck and bed.
UPDATE 2006: added some 34" leg extensions and now
at Bunk bed height.
Ladder brackets I made from some 1 1/2 1/8 steel.
Twin size loft truck bed Plans:
Wood Material list:
- Actual bed corner brackets -
www.rockler.com $11.00 for 8 pieces. Enough for one bed.
- 1/2" bolts - Wheels to suspension
- 3" screws - wood to wood
- 1 5/8" screws - wood to
- 1 1/2 angle iron. - ladder brackets and
- 1/4" Brass bolts - Connect roof to cab
- 3 1/2 brass Door hinges -
- brass plated piano hinge -
- Brass plated latchs - doors
and tailgate latchs
- Oil based enamel paint.
Black (Frame, tires, ladders)
- White (Lights)
- Yellow (Clearance lights)
- Gray (Grill)
- Aluminum (Bumpers)
- Red (Body).
- Latex primer
- Wood glue - hold wood to wood
- Winch - Harbor Freight $14.00
- Rope - to replace steel cable in winch. $2.00
- Steering Wheel - Swing and slide brand from
- Build 2 ends first
- Cut 4x4 posts to correct height
- Cut 2x6
- Router all 2x wood with round over bit before
- Sand all wood before assembling if
- Build sides
- And steel corner brackets.
- Connect ends to sides
- Attach skins
- Build roof
- Build doors
- Build suspension pieces
- Cut triangles out of wheels
- Build ladder
- Build lights
- Install lights
- Install winch
- Install steering wheel
- Disassemble and place in bedroom.
if You need help with
plans or questions email me